4 Days to Prep for the SAT!
October 06, 2010
If youâ€™re writing the SAT this Saturday youâ€™re sure to be well aware that the clock is ticking! Hopefully youâ€™ve been preparing all along and are feeling confident (if not, click here!), so this week weâ€™re not focusing on studying, but instead bringing you some test day tips you may not have considered.
- Change your study style. Alright, technically, this is a few-days-before-test day tip, but itâ€™s important. Switch you review style to be broader, reading over study notes and practice essays instead of creating them – try to find any weak spots you still have and focus on them.
- Prepare your pencil case the night before. Make sure to include lots of no 2 pencils, erasers, and put fresh batteries into your calculator.
- Set a back up alarm. This is not the day you want to oversleep – nor is it the night you want to lay awake worrying about whether or not your alarm will wake you up in time. Set two alarms (bonus points if one is someone who will already be awake) and play it safe.
- Get up early to give your brain time to adjust. Weâ€™re not saying you need to be up for sunrise yoga, but be sure to rise early enough that your mind has at least and hour of â€˜waking upâ€™ time so that when you get to the test centre, youâ€™re fully alert.
- Breath deep. Now is not the time to psych yourself out. Stay as calm as possible, pace yourself, and donâ€™t lose points for little mistakes like filling in the bubble wrong.
Latest SAT Posts
Applying to Harvard just got Easier - February 15, 2011
Irritating Idioms - December 14, 2010
Beat Brain Fatigue - November 09, 2010
5 Key Math Tips - October 26, 2010
5 Study Tips That Have Nothing to do with Studying - September 21, 2010
Is Your Brain Ready for School? - August 31, 2010
Youâ€™re Doing it Wrong! - August 03, 2010